If you want to create error-free pieces of writing then it’s worth using free online proofreading tools to do this. At the end of the day, nobody likes a piece of work that is hard to read and contains lots of mistakes.
If you use free online proofreading tools they will check both your punctuation and grammar and remove these mistakes from your work.
Quick tip – These are some common mistakes most Amateur bloggers do.
Tips when proofreading your work
It’s very easy to make errors when writing especially if your first language is not English. After you have finished writing an essay or an assignment, it is worth taking a break before you proofread your article.
In fact, it’s a good idea to come back and proofread your article either a few hours after you finish writing or even the next day.
This way when you proofread your article, your mind is fresh and also it’s more likely that new ideas will spring to mind when you are proofing your article which you can add at the same time as correcting any mistakes that you spot in your article.
On top of this, it is also worth using free online proofreading tools to double-check what you have proofread. Finally, a professional team of proofreaders from Custom Writings essay service offers some tips you should keep in mind:
- As soon as you spot an error edit it.
- When you are proofreading your article, it is a good idea to read it out aloud as this way you will be able to see if your article sounds as it should.
- Use free online proofreading tools after you have proofread your article yourself.
- Why Blogging is an Integral Part of Your Online Strategy
- 5 Ways To Grow Your Blogging Business Like A Startup
- 8 Best YouTube Strategies for Travel Brands in 2021
- 6 Mistakes Amateur Bloggers Make Their Blogs
- 7 Mistakes to Avoid When Starting an Ecommerce Store
Proofreading vs editing
It’s very common to get confused between proofreading and editing. Proofreading refers to locating punctuation and grammatical errors and amending these. Editing, on the other hand, usually requires an expert who will provide suggestions to improve the quality of the writing, particularly related to expression and language. An editor will also make any necessary changes to the writing too.
The best free online proofreading tools
Grammarly is one of the best free online proofreading tools which checks both punctuation and grammar. It is very popular amongst writers and bloggers too and over 15 million people use it. Not only does Grammarly check punctuation and grammar, but it also explains any errors that have been made.
For this reason, it is perfect if English is not your first language. Grammarly also has a dashboard where you can write in your content.
Alternatively, you can copy and paste your content onto Grammarly once you’ve finished your writing.
As well as checking any spelling mistakes, Grammarly also checks your word count so that you know how long your piece of work is. This tool also has an inbuilt checker for plagiarism.
If you’re looking to improve your writing then Hemingway Editor is a good tool to use. It’s extremely powerful and can help to proofread as well as enhance your writing ability. There is a paid-for and free option with this tool.
The free option is an online version and all you need to do is copy and paste your writing into the editor and any suggestions will come up for you on the right-hand side of your page. Sentences that need looking at will appear in the following colors:
- Red sentences: These sentences may be confusing and its recommended that you edit them.
- Yellow sentences: These sentences are usually too long and therefore difficult to read. It is recommended that you simplify or split any of these sentences.
- Green phrases: Green highlights the use of passive voice. Although passive voice has its place, active voice is usually the preferred choice.
- Blue words: Adverbs or weak language has been used and it is recommended that these are removed.
- Purple words: There are simpler alternatives for these words and the editor will show some recommended words if you hover over these purple words.
Polish My Writing
Polish My Writing is also known as ‘After the deadline.’ This tool highlights any punctuation and grammatical errors in three different colors.
Green is used for any grammatical mistakes, blue is used for style recommendations and red is used for any spelling mistakes. To use this tool, you just need to copy and paste your content into the box present on the website and then just click ‘ check writing.’
This tool is very good at pointing out if you are using the active and passive voice correctly. Artificial intelligence is used to pick up on any grammatical errors.
Another free online proofreading tool which checks both punctuation and grammatical mistakes. Paper Rater also considers your word choice and style.
Paperater can also check for plagiarized content and provide you with suggestions on how to improve your writing.
Slick Write is a free online proofreading tool that helps you to create writing that is free from grammatical errors. It is very useful if you want your writing to be read in detail as it goes one step above when it comes to checking both punctuation and grammar.
This tool doesn’t just find the mistakes in your article, as it also analyses your article on a whole and looks at prepositions, adverbs, uncommon and passive words to name but a few.
This free online proofreading tool is very similar to Polish My Writing, however, it goes a little bit further in the sense that it corrects those simple errors such as ‘an’ or ‘a’ which Polish My Writing doesn’t do. If you often make these little mistakes with words such as “an, a, has, have” etc. then Ginger is a great tool to use.
Tell us in comments, which tool is your favorite for Error-free writing!
- 3 Best Examples of Experiential Marketing Events Platforms
- How Local Media Can Help Your Organization to Grow 10X
- 5 Ways Technology can Minimize Your Home Insurance Premiums
- 4 Benefits of Custom Software Development
- How To Get More Tumblr Followers [Case Study]