Social media is something we’ve all embraced and accepted as a significant part of our lives. From Facebook and Instagram to Snapchat and Twitter, we love those daily interactions with our friends and followers.
And, Snapchat is one of the most favored social media platforms among young social media users. Why? Most likely because it’s fun, quirky, and has that special spice of disappearing content.
And, Snapchat users love knowing who their friends are, what they’re doing, and what they think about their Snaps.
That’s why it’s no wonder you can get worried when someone unadds you on Snapchat and removes you from their friends’ list. If you want to learn how to check if someone unadded you on Snapchat, just keep reading.
- What Happens When Someone Unadds You on Snapchat?
- Why Would Someone Unadd you on Snapchat?
- How to Tell if Someone Unadded You on Snapchat?
- 4. Check Your Chats
- 5. Check Their Snapchat Score
- 6. Try Sending Snaps or Messages
What Happens When Someone Unadds You on Snapchat?
Let’s start by understanding what unadding implies, and why would someone even do it.
Unadding a person from Snapchat means:
- removing them from your friends’ list
- not allowing them to see your content anymore (unless your profile is public)
- not allowing them to contact you through messages or Snaps
It sounds harsh, especially if someone dear to you unadds you. It’s only natural you’d feel bad and want to know whether they did it or not.
That’s why we’ve prepared a list of ways for you to tell if someone unadded you on Snapchat, in the sections below.
Why Would Someone Unadd you on Snapchat?
You may also be wondering why would someone even unadd you on Snapchat. It’s a platform that’s supposed to be fun and bring people together. So, what would make someone remove you from their Friends list?
The truth is, there can be several reasons why a person would do such as thing. Most commonly, it’s due to these reasons:
- you post too much stuff, and they don’t want to see it
- they don’t like the type of content you’re creating
- they have a personal issue with you
Whatever the reason might be, the ways for finding out if they’ve unfriended you are the same.
Below, we’ll discuss some of the best methods for finding out. We did the research for you, and you can even present our arguments in a research paper. If you’re not good at paper writing, you can buy essays online from Get Good Grade. Find writing assignment services that offer professional writing help.
How to Tell if Someone Unadded You on Snapchat?
Now it’s time to analyze different ways of telling whether someone unadded you on Snapchat. Here’s what you need to know first:
- You will not receive any kind of notification when a person removes you from their Friends list on Snapchat.
You may notice that a friend hasn’t seen your story in a while, or there hasn’t been much interaction between you. Unfortunately, Snapchat doesn’t send notifications to users that have been removed from someone’s list. That’s why you have to do some digging and research on your own.
Here’s what you can do if you suspect someone unadded you and want to make sure.
1. Check Your Friends’ List
Let’s start with the simplest way to check if someone unadded you on Snapchat. To do it, you’ll need to visit your Friends’ list and search for this person. So, follow these simple steps:
- First, log into your Snapchat account.
- Open your Friends’ list.
- Go through the list searching for this person.
- You can also type their name in the search box.
If you can’t find this person in your Friends’ list and their username simply isn’t appearing as a result, two possibilities are open:
- They’ve deleted their Snapchat account.
- They’ve blocked you.
However, if you do see their profile but you’re unable to send them Snaps, messages, or interact with them in any way, that means they’ve unadded you.
So, try this method for telling if someone unadded you. If you’re still not certain after this, there are other steps you can take.
2. Ask Someone Else to Search for This Person
If you can’t find the person’s Snapchat profile, but you strongly believe they haven’t blocked you, you should ask a friend for help.
Get someone with a Snapchat account to search for this person’s username and see if they’re able to find them. The math is quite simple:
- if they find this person’s profile, but you can’t, it means they’ve blocked you
- if they don’t find it and neither can you, it means the person deleted their account
This is a simple way to make sure what this person did.
3. Create a New Snapchat Account
If you don’t want anyone to know you’re checking if someone unadded you, or you have no one to ask to check it for you like in the previous step, you can do it on your own.
All you have to do is create a new Snapchat account, under any name, and then search for the person yourself.
To do it, you’ll need to:
- Sign out of your current Snapchat profile.
- Next, click ‘Sign up.’ next to ‘New to Snapchat?’
- Enter a new username and password.
- Use a different email address than the one you’re using for your other profile.
Once you verify your email, you’ll have a whole new Snapchat account to use to check this person’s activities.
4. Check Your Chats
If you’ve interacted with this person through chat and messages, you can use it to quickly check if they’re still your friend or not.
- Go to your chat messages.
- Search for the conversation with this person.
- Check if the chat’s still there.
If it’s not there, this person most likely unadded or even blocked you from their list. If it’s there, you’re still friends.
This is another simple indicator of whether or not someone unadded you on Snapchat.
5. Check Their Snapchat Score
Snapchat score is that number you have right beside your username. Your friends also have it and you’re able to see it.
This number is the result of a special equation created by Snapchat, that combines the Snaps you’ve sent and received, as well as the stories you’ve shared.
But, how does it help you see if someone unfriended you?
It’s simple. If you can’t see a person’s Snapchat score, it means you’re not their friend on Snapchat.
6. Try Sending Snaps or Messages
If you can find this person’s profile but are unable to interact with them, it means they’ve probably unadded you. Still, you want to make sure you’re not jumping to conclusions, so try interacting with them.
If you can’t send them a message or a snap, you’re definitely no longer on their Friends’ list.
Snapchat isn’t all that complicated after all. Apart from being fun and exciting to use, it’s also simple in terms of checking who’s your friend, who’s not, and why.
Our simple tricks for telling if someone unadded you on Snapchat will help you learn how your friends feel about you and who’s removed you from their Friends list.
Use the method you like the most or combine several to be certain you’re not jumping to any conclusions.