Gone are the days when one required copper wires or handsets to make a phone call.
With the internet becoming ubiquitous, anyone can call anyone, anytime and anywhere, using a computer, headset, and VoIP.
What is VoIP (Voice over IP Calling)?
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), is a technology that uses a mechanism that converts your voice into a digital signal which lets you place a phone call over an internet connection.
In layman’s terms, it is a type of phone service that allows you to use the internet to connect with others.
Many even refer to it as internet telephony or a broadband telephone service.
Now you must be thinking, “what is VoIP (Voice over IP Calling) used for?” Keep scrolling through, and you’ll find out!
VoIP- An Effective Way to Unify Diverse Communication Technologies
VoIP allows businesses to consolidate different communication technologies into one system. In other words, it will help you with audio, video, or text-based communication methods.
Thus, it is quite beneficial since the workforce does not have to shift to different applications to communicate with clients or one another effectively.
It creates a network that allows users to communicate or hold web conferences using devices like computers, smartphones, or other devices.
While the features might vary depending on the brand you opt for when buying from voip Phones distributors, the following are some of the standard features that you can expect with this technology:
- Audio calls
- Video calls
- Voice mail
- Instant messaging
- Email/SMS chats
- Team chats
- Mobile or desktop apps
- Local number portability
It enables you to operate over the internet via packet-switched protocols. In short, it will allow you to access some advanced features that will enable your workforce to be more agile and productive.
Now you must be thinking about its advantages for your business. Keep reading, and you’ll find out!
Benefits of VoIP
- Opting for VoIP lowers your phone bills by more than 60%, which eventually enabled companies with substantial cost savings.
- The audio is not at all fuzzy. Using this system enables businesses to attain better call quality.
- If you opt for business service plans, you can even get hold of certain premium features like auto attendants, click to call features, call recordings, and call queues.
- You can use this service wherever you are. You don’t require any technical setup if you are working remotely.
- There aren’t any limitations as such when it comes to calling anyone worldwide. And the best part is that international long-distance rates are pretty affordable and reasonable.
Quick read – How to Get glance.intuit.com Remote Access
Everyone is enjoying VoIP phone service over the traditional cable lines. The reason being its allowing businesses to expand their reach and that too at lower costs.
So, if you ask if your traditional phone system can keep up with the changing business dynamics, the answer will be “No.”
This technology is bringing along some powerful features that allow businesses to do tasks without any hassles. Plus, you can use it anywhere.
That makes it even more beneficial and convenient since the pandemic makes it difficult for businesses to work like they used to.
Won’t that be valuable for your business to stay competitive amidst the current pandemic?
Let us know in the comments below.