Earning money is always great, but it gets even better when you’re doing what you love at the same time.
Enter Amazon Affiliate Marketing—while having a stable income and having fun at the same time, you also help businesses by endorsing their products.
You give enlightenment and knowledge to buyers who want to know about the product they’re interested in before they finally make a purchase.
If you do Amazon affiliating right, you’ll reap blessings for yourself, Amazon sellers, and customers alike.
This article will discuss all the details you need to know about Amazon Affiliate Marketing for you to find eventual success.
The Basics of Amazon Affiliate Marketing
Amazon Affiliate Marketing or the Amazon Associates program is a way for the eCommerce giant to enable anyone who has a website and social media account to endorse products sold on Amazon.
A link leading to a product listing page is included in the content so that viewers can click through it for their purchase.
In doing so, endorsing individuals can be paid if they satisfy any of these parameters:
- Pay-per-sale: Here, you will be paid per customer purchase sent to the listing because of your content’s links.
- Pay-per-click: Even if the customer does not buy anything on Amazon, you could still be paid for that click.
- Pay-per-lead: Some customers will sign-up and leave their contact information after clicking the link. Amazon sellers will use this information for email marketing, so you will still get paid for this.
Anyone can sign up for this program for free.
In signing-up, make sure to view the Associates Program Policies. Use the regulations as a guide to avoid problems in the future.
The policies include details on commissions, requirements to start, and intellectual property and trademark guidelines.
To start with the program, visit the Amazon Affiliate Marketing page and follow these steps:
- Sign up and enter all necessary data needed.
- Choose a payment method. You can choose to get paid via bank transfer, a check delivered to your address, or via Amazon gift cards sent to your email address.
- Begin looking for products to link to your website or social media accounts.
Now that you know the basics of Amazon Affiliate Marketing, let’s dive into the exciting part—creating content in different media, linking, and jumpstarting your earnings.
The Different Media You Can Use
Are you tech-savvy?
Do you have accounts in almost every social media platform there is?
Do you find it euphoric to share your thoughts to enlighten your network about different topics?
If yes, you will find Amazon Affiliate Marketing easy and exciting to do. Turn your hobby into a freelance business!
Here are the different platforms where you can apply Amazon Affiliate Marketing:
- Your website
There are two ways to use a website for affiliate marketing.
First, if you already have an established site, you can turn it into an income-generating website.
You can start by publishing articles related to your personal brand.
Say you manage a beauty and lifestyle website.
It would be an excellent step to link Amazon products like makeup, bath and body products, and more items related to these.
In that way, your regular site visitors will find your content and links relevant to your site’s theme.
With this kind of strategy, you will be able to write about topics that interest you and talk about products that you care about.
On the other hand, if you aim to create a website solely for Amazon Affiliate Marketing, have an all-encompassing theme.
In doing so, the range of Amazon products you can feature is endless.
- Social Media
Facebook and Twitter are mainly used to connect with friends, family, and colleagues. Social media is also a way to stay updated on the latest trends.
With Amazon Affiliate Marketing, these social media platforms are now a source of extra income.
Create a catchy post that will compel viewers to click and eventually buy the endorsing product.
Just make sure to include in the caption that the post is for Amazon Affiliate Marketing.
This suggestion is one of the guidelines in the handbook.
While other viewers enjoy reading, there are also some who love watching videos and hearing users’ experiences firsthand. Youtube videos satisfy this demand.
The topics you create for your blogs can be the same topics featured in the Youtube videos you create.
Vloggers include the affiliate links in the video description, so viewers can conveniently visit the Amazon product listing they talk about.
There are more social networking sites where you can include links leading to Amazon products.
There is no limit to where you want to have the links, just make sure to follow the guidelines set by Amazon at all times.
Various Ways to Create Links
Now that you know which platforms to use for Amazon Affiliate Marketing, you can discover how you get product links and how to incorporate them into your content.
- Site Stripe: Once you create an account, this link-building tool automatically appears on top of any Amazon page you open. You will have the convenience of copying the links and incorporating them into your blog content.
You have the choice of getting a direct link, or you can have images or ads embedded with the link.
Suppose you are looking into using Facebook and Twitter. In that case, the Site Stripe tool already has two buttons for you to conveniently share the link, photos, or ads for both social media sites.
- Product Links: Product links provide three choices for your links. You can have a plain-text link, a link embedded photo, or a combination of image and text.
- Banners: If you want eye-catching and compelling links, create banners. This creates promotional photos that are link-embedded. Banner designs should be relevant to holidays and celebrations so that the designs will catch viewers’ attention. If you want to highlight Amazon FBA wholesale, you can also do that.
- Product Advertising API: If you are programming-abled or you are willing to invest in programming, you can try this tool. The Product Advertising API allows integration of Amazon products to your website to add links more conveniently.
Have you picked your favorite?
Which among these link-building tools best fit your website or social media account?
You are not compelled to pick just one. We encourage you to try all of them when deemed appropriate.
To give you ideas on incorporating links and Amazon Affiliate Marketing best practices, read through the next section.
Amazon Affiliate Marketing Tips
Some people see Amazon Affiliate Marketing as a hobby turned business. In contrast, some people invest in it and treat it as a business.
Whether you resonate with the former or believe in the latter, you will find the tips and best practices below helpful in becoming a great Amazon Affiliate Marketing associate.
Tip #1: Know what’s in it for you
To give importance to Amazon Affiliate Marketing, know what’s in it for you. Primarily, this program turns your passion into a business.
Have you heard of the saying, “Do what you love, and you do not have to work a day”? This will come true when you turn your passion for blogging and your hobby hanging out on social media into an income-generating tool.
To give a monetary value to this income, you can check Amazon’s complete list of the standard commission.
Tip#2: Prioritize Amazon and Google SEO
Anyone can sign-up for the Amazon Affiliate Marketing program for free. Still, to succeed, you should look into Google and an ultimate guide to Amazon SEO.
SEO will play a huge role in ensuring that the content you produce will rank on the first pages of Google so that you’ll have a steady flow of visitors.
With regular site visits, the chances of getting click-throughs to the Amazon links get higher and more stable.
Here’s how you can optimize your posts:
- Perform keyword research using different keyword research tools like the following: Google ads, Google Trends, SEMRush, Keyword Generator, KWFinder, Google Search Console, Ahrefs Keyword Explorer, and more tools you can search for online.
- Look for keywords related to your content.
- Strategize on which keywords to prioritize, then incorporate them into your content.
- Monitor the performance of your keywords and ranking on Google.
- Make necessary adjustments on keywords if needed.
If you are not yet familiar with Google SEO, you can read through this SEO Starter Guide.
Tip #3: Choose a niche
Different niches have different advantages and disadvantages. It is best not to stick to one niche so that you can reap all the benefits brought by all of them. Note the drawbacks and avoid them.
- A niche of your interest: The advantage of creating links about things that interest you is that your content will come out more naturally. You can speak or write from your personal experience. You can also testify to the credibility of the products you are featuring.
However, you may run out of topics unless your interests are that many.
A niche of your interest is a good beginning, but you need to expand your scope to sustain your content.
- Content about Amazon Best-Sellers: One of the most appealing content is about “best-sellers.” Viewers and potential buyers are most likely to search for them, read through them, and click through the links you provided in the best-seller list. If they find your content informative and persuasive, your visitors may turn into successful sales.
You may not have the chance to try all the products, so make sure to do thorough research and consider customer reviews for solid content.
- A feature on rising stars and new products: There are plenty of advantages in featuring new products. New products sold on Amazon usually have a lesser price than older listings. The price is their selling point, which will also be your selling point. You can frame your content as a list of new products or a list of cheapest products on Amazon.
- Content subject based on keyword research: This is the strategy of most Amazon management companies in producing content. They do this because it is the most objective and scientific way of doing it. If you use ranking keywords in your content, there is a higher chance that your content will appear on the first pages of Google search results. As a result, you’ll get more visitors and higher chances for the links leading to Amazon to be clicked.
Tip #4: Promote your site and content
To boost views and create site brand awareness, you can invest in advertising. Experts suggest that you also check your spending versus the income you generate from commissions.
If the expenditure is higher than the income, focus more on organic ranking. If, however, you know that the investment in paid advertisements is worth it, go for it!
Tip #5: Set goals
In everything that we do, goals are essential.. We know what we have accomplished with goals and what else we should work on.
When it comes to Amazon Affiliate Marketing, here are some of the key performance indicators you can include in measuring your success:
- Earning from commissions
- Ranking of your content on Google
- Number of views per content
- Click-through rate
If you use keyword research tools, part of the services you can avail of is keyword monitoring.
You can check which keywords are performing and which are not.
Be prepared with an alternative game plan if the first method does not work.
You can adjust the path to reach the goals, but the original objectives of getting as many commissions as possible, ranking on Google searches, and reaching your target views remain.
Amazon Affiliate Marketing could be just the most exciting venture you can have as a content creator. It gives you the best of both worlds—pursuing your passion and earning because of it.
Keep in mind the different ways to incorporate links to your content, so you will always do it properly.
Suppose you manage separate accounts on various social media platforms. In that case, it is best to maximize them by sharing links on these sites.
The more people see your content, the higher the chance of click-through and sales.
Remember that the clicking of the links will only be possible if your content appears on search results. With that, you need to optimize your content with keywords ranking on Google.
Focus on creating quality and well-researched content, so once visitors reach your page, you can provide them with information that will push them to make a purchase.
The process may be tedious, but it is a good thing that what you are working on is also what you are passionate about.
Despite all the steps you need to take, you will never get tired of the work you’re doing.