Many computer users think that Macs cannot be infected by viruses. In fact, these are reliable computers with a good security system but as you probably know, a great hacker can break any system.
Lately, many users who have got Mac computers reported about various attacks of malware and spyware. In our article, we will pay attention to the Chrome virus.
You will get to know how to find and remove this intrusive and frustrating malware from your device without wasting time. Keep reading to get the best hints on Chrome malware removal!
When a user works in the Chrome browser or Google Docs, he or she may expect something is wrong. A browser can behave weird or there are a lot of persistent ads. This is a sign your computer was infected with Chrome malware.
In general, this sort of virus cannot damage your device but it’s frustrating and uncomfortable to work, so it’s important to get rid of this malware in the shortest terms. Below, you will find tips on deleting the virus automatically or manually.
There are 4 various sorts of malware:
- Adware: This virus hides as a browser extension or in a file a user is downloading. It starts to show a lot of ads in a browser.
- Pop-up windows: This malware is a bit similar to adware. It appears suddenly when you are using a browser to surf the Internet. There can be a lot of persistent pop-ups, or it may take you into a site you didn’t type to go there.
- Hyperlinks: This type of virus turns a text on a specific page on the Internet into a hyperlink. When a user clicks it, it asks him or her to download a file or leads to a page that sells some products.
- Spyware: A good example of spyware is a trojan virus. It’s disguised to seem like a normal file (sometimes like an update for your software or a movie) but when a user downloads it, a virus starts to work. It steals personal info like financial data, browser history, nicknames, passwords, and even pressed keys.
The Main Symptoms of Chrome Malware
Here are the main signs that will tell you about Chrome malware on your device:
- A browser works slower than usual. Sometimes your computer can run loudly when you are not launching a lot of programs on it. Try to open Activity Monitor and see if Chrome is stressing your processor.
- You see a lot of ads in the browser or notice it redirects you to sites you didn’t search to go to.
- You see a big number of pop-ups.
- When you review an Application folder, you notice some weird programs you haven’t downloaded before.
- You didn’t download a browser toolbar but you see it in your Chrome.
Two Simple Ways to Delete Chrome Virus
When you have got a Chrome virus, there are two ways to get rid of it: manually or automatically.
If you choose to remove automatically, you have to download a trustworthy software and follow the instructions to scan your Mac and delete malware. This is the most effective method because it guarantees you will remove all the infected files.
A minus here is antivirus software isn’t cheap. But you can always download a trial version to see if this program suits your needs.
If you want to remove a virus manually, please follow the steps we have described below:
- Review a folder with apps on your Mac and remove all the suspicious applications from your device. Also, you have to delete those programs you have never installed.
- If you haven’t found any suspicious programs, try to reset your browser. Remember that if you reset Chrome, you have to turn extensions back after this process if you use them.
- Before resetting, we also recommend reviewing extensions and deleting those you don’t need or you’ve never installed before.
We suggest using reliable software to protect your computer from malware and other types of viruses.
- 7 Best Background Check Services for Employers
- Penji Review: Get Unlimited Graphic Design Services at Affordable Prices
- What is Periodic Table of SEO Factors for Ranking Well in Search Engine
- Content Fuel Review – Automate Your Content With Top SEO Writers
- How to Write a Google Review Without a Gmail Account