Instagram is one of the social media platforms will the largest number of active users, and that’s why many businesses try to sell on Instagram.
This social media platform offers remarkable ways to reach out to a broader audience.
With one billion active monthly users, there is no doubt that it’s one of the best platforms to sell your products.
Many businesses leverage Instagram to reach more customers, and earlier this year, there are about 25 million business accounts created and running.
Having an Instagram Business page for your shop can bring more leads.
According to Instagram, 200+ million Instagrammers visit one Business Profile a day. Think about that!
When you share or bring your products on Instagram, you get to increase your leads and sales. Who wouldn’t want that, right?
In this article, we will show you ways you can sell products on Instagram, or for you to reach out to more customers.
WAYS TO SELL ON INSTAGRAM
–Optimize your Instagram account to a business profile
Creating a business page for your Instagram account is easy. It is also better to opt for a business account than to use your personal account. It looks more professional and appropriate.
There are a few things you need to consider when creating an effective and attractive business profile.
- Profile Image: Use a picture that represents your business. The best is to use the logo of your brand. It’s something that people will remember about your business.
- Profile Bio: Your bio is important. It’s like a 30-second pitch that you have to show or convince your visitors to stay, browse, and purchase your product. Instagram’s bio is short. It only allows 150 characters.
- Add a link: Since you are here to sell your brand or products, you have an online shop or e-commerce store (if none, you might want to set up one for yourself. There are loads of online e-commerce platform like, Sellfy, where you can build a store quickly). If you have a shop or finally set up one, you can add the link to your profile URL.
Now that you have a working profile, you can show your potential customers what your brand is all about, and you can start getting leads or sales.
–Use hashtags for organic campaigns
Organic searches are much common on Instagram.
Although some businesses leverage on paid ads, most prefer organic.
Adding Instagram hashtags to your post is the easiest way to get organic searches. It puts your brand in front of millions of potential customers.
But you have to be careful when using hashtags.
The maximum amount of hashtags required per post is 30, but that doesn’t mean you have to use all of it all the time. Remember that less is more.
When posting on Instagram, only use hashtags that are important or related to your brand.
One way to get your products recognized is to search for hashtags that are used by influencers in your niche. Hashtags used by influencers get lots of attention, so you can use it to gather more leads.
Using popular hashtags can be a bit frustrating.
There are millions of people using popular hashtags, and this can cause your post to be buried. You can opt for hashtags that are a branch of a popular niche.
–Use shoppable post/ checkout
Instagram is more than showing your photos online with the hopes of getting a lot of likes and engagement.
Now, it can sell your products.
Gone are the days you need to post a single link on your bio.
Your potential customers don’t have to scroll through your entire website to look for that product they saw on Instagram.
Instagram now welcomes Shoppable posts and native checkout features.
With these features of Instagram, your customers can proceed to checkout or buy the product they want without the need to leave the app.
Once your customers click on a product, they’ll get details about it, and they can proceed to the checkout page to purchase the item.
Furthermore, your potential customers or visitors can view the content of your shop within the Instagram app.
What a convenience it is now for your customers to shop on Instagram.
Turn your Instagram account into your virtual store and reach more customers.
Sell on social media or your website Using Sellfy
Sell on your YouTube channel, Instagram page or Soundcloud with a simple link.
–Partner up with an influencer
The influencer market is growing and growing rapidly.
There are thousands of businesses investing in hiring an influencer for their brand. They are aware of the impact of these internet celebrities.
If you don’t have enough budget to hire a celebrity or a popular influencer to promote your product, there are a lot of micro-influencers online.
Businesses are leveraging on micro-influencers because they have a more meaningful engagement than famous influencers.
Even having a few followings, the number of engagement they get are from people who are genuinely interested in their craft or what they have to say.
So, if you need an influencer to promote your products on Instagram, look for one that is in line with your niche.
Hiring an influencer just because they are popular to sell a product that’s not their niche will only throw people off.
And, your hard work and money will go to waste.
–Use Instagram stories to show behind-the-scenes
There are about 500 million daily active users of Instagram stories. It shows that this feature of Instagram is vital and can be a helpful source of generating more leads for your business.
Instagram stories are the best place to become more creative and show that to your customers.
You can post videos or photos of your behind-the-scene product creation or what’s going on in the office as you and your co-workers work on the product.
You can also use your story feature to promote an upcoming sale or a sneak peek of your new products.
There’s a lot you can do with Instagram Stories to bring more customers to your page or online shop.
People often watch stories because it only lasts for 24 hours, unlike when you post on your feed, where it stays there forever.
Here are bonus tips on how you can sell products your IG account:
- Advertise: You can pay a certain amount of money to promote your products on Instagram. If you want to get more traffic instantly, utilizing paid ads will bring more customers to your shop faster than organic traffic. You have to change some settings before you publish your post to be advertised. Sometimes you can run ads alongside Facebook, but there’s an additional payment.
- Let customers sell your products: Instagram is a place of posting photos, and people like doing it with their favorite product. Instead of hiring a professional photographer all the time to create images for you, you can use your customers’ photos. You can ask permission before posting a photo or video. Photos from customers can be a testimonial or review that could entice other people to purchase the product too.
- Create preview or sneak peek of your upcoming product: Aside from sharing behind-the-scenes on your IG Stories, you can also post it on your feed. Share images of your upcoming products to catch your customers’ interest. Add a catchy or interesting caption to keep them coming back for more.
- Create a great caption: With great photo comes great caption. Every time you are to post a photo on your feed, you have to think of a catchy and relatable caption. You can also add a call-to-action, but don’t sound like you’re pitching a product. Instead, you can encourage people to view your website or check out what’s new on your brand.
Instagram is one of the most known social media platforms.
Therefore, it’s one of the best places to sell products online, reach out and connect with your customers, and/or get more leads.
It may seem intimidating because the competition on this social media platform is immense, but with constant practice, you’ll be able to start selling your products.