It is paramount that you monitor social media to your site so that you know how exactly your social media marketing efforts are paying off.
There are lots of ways in which you can measure such performance such as using MonsterInsights which is ideally a WordPress plugin for Google Analytics.
The primary benefits of tracking and analyzing social media traffic using Google Analytics is that it will provide you with a detailed report regarding your social media traffic that will help you in lots of different ways such as:
- Identifying those social media sites that send the most visitors to your website and the ones that need more attention
- Figuring out the level of engagement of your social media traffic as well as the time they spend on your site
- Determining the right audience to target and the type of content to deliver to them and
- Compare the ratio of the new and return visitors.
This tool will help you to know about the performance of your social efforts through the different important reports displayed in the dashboard.
However, you will know how exactly you should track your social media traffic using Google Analytics as well as the benefits of it right at the outset.
The best social media analytics tools
Apart from Google Analytics, there are also a few other good analytics tools for marketers to use.
These tools will also help you equally well in the social media marketing analysis for your brand and formulate the best strategies or make amendments to the existing ones, as and when required.
All responsible social media analysts have a lot of explaining to do in order to find out the ability of their business as well as their marketing strategy.
This will help them to build as well as convert their social media and Instagram followers into their customers.
Such analysis will also help them to answer all their queries backed up by relevant data.
This, in turn, will raise the trust of the customers for the brand.
These tools will help marketers know:
- The areas where their bulk of the budget and time is spent
- The top-performing parts of their content
- The overall impact and social presence created by the brand and more.
In addition to the above, these tools will also help the marketers to know about their social ROI on their spending on the campaigns.
Therefore, choose some of the best analytical tools to laser-focused on the performance of your posts on a particular channel and find the best solution to grow your brand.
Guide to use the analytical tools
There is a specific way to use such analytical tools to measure the performance of your social media campaigns.
Assuming that you are using Google Analytics, which is the most commonly used tool, the process involves setting the Google Analytics tracking code on your after you have decided your social media goals and objectives.
This code will allow Google to analyze the visitors to your site and provide you with lots of quantitative and actionable data.
There are two specific ways to do this:
- You can use Google Tag Manager in order to collect tracking data or
- You can set up the analytics tracking code directly on your website.
Out of the two, using Google Tag Manager is probably the easiest way to connect and collect data that will help you to determine the social media ROI and traffic to your site.
In fact, Google recommends using this as this will enable you to streamline tag management on your site.
This will, in turn, make the process of adding other tags much easier including remarketing tags and Adwords Conversion Tracking tags.
Metrics to track
While analyzing your social media marketing efforts there are a few specific metrics that you should look for and follow. These performance-based metrics will help you to assess your social media marketing efforts in a much better way.
- Content metrics: This will allow you to analyze the content that you share on social media and decide the specific patterns to follow whether it should be 75/25 image and video-based content or whether a 50/50 content rule will work for you.
- Timing metrics: This will allow you to know the best time to post to social media consistently so that it is relevant for your audience and rewarding for you as well. When you pinpoint the best times, you will be able to fill in the gaps.
- Audience metrics: This will enable you to know whether or not your target is engaging properly with your social content.
- Listening metrics: This will help you to go beyond and dig deeper than just tracking mentions and find out what people on social media are saying about your brand.
- Competitor metrics: This will enable you to know what the competitors are doing and stay ahead of them.
You should also know about the engagement metrics, social traffic metrics, branding metrics, and social media management metrics, goal and summary metrics.
All these metrics have their own significant benefits and attributes that will help you a great deal in identifying the flaws, if any, in your social media marketing strategy and make the necessary amendments.
Analyzing social engagement
Last but not least, you will also need to monitor your social engagement and the results delivered by the social media properties of your company.
This will provide you with lots of valuable insights that will enable you to maximize the value of social networking.
For this matter, you will need to look at all the available and supporting social network integration such as:
- LinkedIn and others.
In addition to that, you will be better off if you also focus on the latest social media traffic trends and analyze them.
Google Analytics will help you do it all in order to be highly knowledgeable about the effects of your social media campaigns regarding page visits and views as well as the most popular content and the geographical data to share the value of social media and gain more traffic.
You Might Like:
- [Read This] Ultimate Blog Writing Process Guide To Create Killer Posts
- 07 Best Ad Blocker Extensions for Chrome, Mozilla, Android, Safari
- 07 Confirmed Strategies to Increase Website Traffic From Marketing Experts
- 10 Best Website A/B Testing Tools You Can’t Live Without
- 10 Magento SEO Tips to Optimize Your Site