SEO for Affiliate Marketing: 5 Tips to Improve Your Page’s Rank
Online marketing strategies have become prominent as the number of internet users has increased. This is why many website owners do their best to configure their websites to make sure that they rank high in search engines. This is also the main reason that made search engine optimization or SEO as one of the most effective online marketing strategies.
The primary goal of SEO is to maintain a high rank in search engines and keep showing in the search engine results page or SERP. Experienced online marketers try to get creative to improve their website rank, but you can start reading online courses, like WebMarketing123-courses, if you’re new to the market.
Here are five common tips that online marketers share in improving their page ranks:
1. Optimized Content
Search engines rank website pages according to their content, which makes content optimization essential in ranking high. Your content determines the amount of traffic you are getting in a certain period of time. Optimizing your content means including everything that a person needs in your page and keeping them interested for more.
There are four ways you can optimize your content.
- Updated and Relevant Content. The best way to keep readers in your site is to create relevant content by making it concise, containing as many details as they need. However, as your page stays longer on the internet, newer content will take over and bury your page with their content unless they cannot surpass your content quality in any way. This is why you should update your website with fresh, relevant content all the time.
- Heading Tags. When you have a content management system or CMS, like WordPress, you can easily navigate through their platform and use H1, H2, and H3 tags in editing your content.
- Keywords. SEO content writing is more than just writing relevant topics and keywords play a vital role. You can use online tools, such as Ubersuggest, to search for topics and obtain short-tail and long-tail keywords for that topic. Choose 2-4 keywords and mention it 1-2 times in your content.
- Outbound Links. These are links to other authoritative websites that are relevant to your topic. Though it links to other websites, it also helps you rank higher in search engines by telling them that your site is reliable by linking to reputable sites, as long as they’re relevant.
Search engines have different algorithms that identify each webpage through its structure, such as unique overall content and use of heading tags. They also determine how relevant your contents are to your topics with the links and keywords you use.
2. Metadata Usage
If you’re using CMS, some plugins help you identify what lacks in your content to rank high. One of the most critical factors in search engine ranking is metadata. These are what search engines look for and display on their results page for viewers to read. As metadata are the first thing that readers notice, you should optimize them as well. CMS lay this out on their platform for you to edit and optimize.
There are two main types of metadata that you should consider.
- Meta Title. This is what readers see on SERP, the big blue letters you see in Google. It is best to make the title of your content the same as your Meta Title. This is to focus readers’ attention and not confuse them. Make sure that your Meta Title contains certain keywords related to the topic and engaging for visitors to read your content.
- Meta Description. This is the small snippet that you see under the page URL. This showcases a summary of what your webpage is all about. Normally, Google takes the users’ keyword on the search bar and compare them to your content to show visitors that your website contains those keywords. However, you can modify it using CMS and make your own description to engage readers.
There is no better way to tell search engines that your website is authoritative than having backlinks. Backlinks are basically links from one website to another, telling each other that they are both reliable sources. Outbound links are good for your content, but inbound links are much better.
The only way to do this is to build a connection with other people, especially if you are doing affiliate marketing. There are various ways that you can do this, but the latest methods to do this is through guest posting and blog commenting. You can get creative in having other people link to your site.
4. Online Directories
In online marketing, especially affiliate marketing, you are nothing without prospects. Your prospects are the main source for your income generation.
The best way to get more prospects than usual is exploring online directories and submitting high-quality posts.
There are two ways you can share your website through online directories.
- Article Directories. You can look for high page rank article directories over the internet and submit your content to them. You can include your own site at the bottom of the page or your article to add backlinks. Some of the reputable article directories are EzineArticles and ArticlesFactory.
- Website Directories. This is the most common way of advertising your website to various people and generating prospects. You can share your website to website directories or business directories to give you more visitors to your website. Some directories to submit your website are Google Webmaster Tools and Hotfrog.
These directories help customers filter websites that are irrelevant to their needs and enables you to create more backlinks to rank higher in search engines.
5. Fixing Broken Links
It is nearly inevitable for websites to have broken links, and this is due to frequent updates of websites.
There are various reasons that broken links occur, which include misspelled links and offline external websites. Whatever the reason, you should get rid of these broken links on your website, which is necessary to improve your page rank.
You can use online tools to check for broken links on your website, such as free broken link checker websites or plugins from CMS.
You can also manually check the broken links yourself if the links are still few.
To fix broken links, you can either delete them for good or redirect them. The best way to avoid broken links is to utilize internal linking. Internal linking refers to linking your recent posts to your old ones.
This does not help you with backlinks, but it helps you with target keywords as these links serve as additional use of keywords in your site.
The Bottom Line
There is no exact way or number of steps to always rank high in search engines. You have to improvise methods and learn new things along the way to keep improving. The only way prevent yourself from success is not learning from the mistakes and being content with where you are, which involves doing nothing for improvement.