We’ve noticed that many of our friends and fans on Facebook who have a Facebook Page for either themselves of their business, haven’t claimed their ‘Vanity’ URL or ‘Custom URL’ of facebook page.
You just have to follow some simple instructions and you could have it in a snap.
What Is Facebook Vanity URL:
Facebook Brand or Company pages can be customized to have their own custom URL. This is called a Facebook vanity URL.
Few things to consider before creating your username:
- Page usernames are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Usernames can not be reused after a Page has been deleted.
- Please keep in mind that an unavailable username may also belong to a Page that isn’t currently published for public view.
- Username can’t be transferred between Pages or Profiles.
- Not all Pages are eligible for a username.
- Pages must have 25 likes before they become eligible.
- Usernames can only be set once, including the first time you choose your Page username.
Steps to Claim Custom Facebook Username :
- Go to www.facebook.com/username
- Select “Select a Username” for your page
- This brings up a drop down menu, select the page you want to create the username for.
- If your page has the needed 25 fans it will bring up a box .
- Enter your desired username and click on “check availablilty”
- If it’s available, you will be shown some final terms – if you are happy with your choice click “confirm” or select “cancel” to try another one.
Now you can send out your new Facebook URL – www.facebook.com/YourBusinessName
Remember – this won’t work for a Page that doesn’t have 25 likes or more.
Tips for Choosing a Custom URL:
- keep it simple and descriptive of your business (ideally it will be as close as possible to your business name)
- you can only use letters (A-Z), numbers (0-9), or a period (“.”). You can’t use spaces or dashes
- make sure it’s easy to pronounce, spell, and remember
- don’t add “.com” to the end
- be careful what you choose as your username/URL, because you can’t edit or delete it once you claim it!
Comment your facebook pages if you need any help in getting them converted as vanity url or custom url. Happy Reading!