Well, there are some PDF files which are encrypted with a password that you will have to enter each time you want to view the documents inside it. But you can remove a password from a PDF file to save yourself some inconvenience if you are keeping the file in a secure location.
Through this article, we will explain you two traditional ways to remove a password from a PDF file. But there is no easy way to do so if you don’t know the way. Here we will also explain the ways in which you can recover password in case you forgot pdf password by using a PDF password unlocker tool.
Recommended – Convert PDF to Word DOC and DOCX. Try 10 Documents Free
HOW TO REMOVE PASSWORD FROM PDF
Well, we will tell about two ways to remove a password from a PDF file in which the first one is the official method which requires Adobe Acrobat and the second one is a convenient trick which works on almost all operating systems with the help of applications that you already have.
- Using Adobe Acrobat Pro (The Official Method): Adobe Acrobat Pro is a paid application and this is different from Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF file viewer free version which most people use. Although Adobe Acrobat Pro offers a one week trial period. This software will work even when your PDF file has printing restrictions. So to remove password from PDF files, follow the instructions below:
- Firstly, open your PDF file with Adobe Acrobat Pro and then provide its password to view the documents.
- Then click on the lock icon which you will find on the left side of the window.
- Then click on the ‘Permission Details’. You can also click on ‘File’ then ‘Properties’ and then click on the ‘Security tab’.
- After that click on the ‘Security Method’ box and then select ‘No Security’.
- Then click ‘OK’ the remove the password from your PDF file.
- After that click on ‘File’ and then click on ‘Save’ to save the changes.
You also don’t need to go to file and save it, simply close the window of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and then it will ask you whether to save the changes or not. Click yes then the password will be removed from your PDF file.
Recommended – Edit PDF files Online . Try 10 Documents Free
- The Convenient Trick (By Print to PDF): This may be a little silly way but it’s a convenient and easy way to remove password from your PDF file by just opening it and printing it to a new PDF. After this, your system will create a duplicate copy of the encrypted PDF and the duplicate one will not be protected with a password. But this trick has a drawback; it will only work if that PDF does not have any printing restrictions. This is because many keywords are password protected to provide encryption. And the file content of PDF can be printed normally once you provide the password.
How to Remove Password from PDF Using Chrome
You can do it in few other ways too. By using Chrome on Windows, Linux, macOS or Chrome OS you can remove the password. For that, firstly you have to open the PDF file and then provide the password it requires. Then you have to click the “Print” button on the toolbar of PDF document. Then just click the ‘Change’ button which you will find under Destination and then click on ‘Save as PDF’. After that click the ‘Save’ button and then it will ask you to provide a name and a location for the new PDF. This new PDF will not be password protected but will contain the same document as the original PDF.
HOW TO OPEN PDF FILE IF PASSWORD FORGOT ONLINE
If you forget the password of your PDF file then you can recover your PDF file. Though there are several ways to do so. You can find several PDF password unlocker tools out there like Wondershare, SmartKey PDF Password Recovery, PDF Password Remover, etc. Here we will explain how to do it using SmartKey PDF Password Recovery tool.
Recommended – Convert Website URL to PDF . Try 10 Conversions Free
SmartKey PDF Password Recovery is a very useful PDF password recovery tool as it is actually designed to find forgotten ODF document password. With a brute force attack technique, this tool which has three password attack types will decrypt your PDF efficiently and very quickly. To decrypt your PDF follow the following instructions:
- Firstly you have to download and install SmartKey PDF Password Recovery tool
- After that, you have to import PDF document that you want to decrypt.
- Then you have to select one password attack type.
- Then click on the ‘Start’ button to recover the forgotten password of the PDF file.
This works because there is a loophole in the method of PDF password protection specification. As the older version of PDF had used a weak 40/128 bit with the RC4 algorithm. But now newer versions of PDF uses the stronger Rijndael AES in actual, with larger Key lengths. Due to this reason cracking PDF through brute force is not feasible for newer versions of PDF.