Windows update eats your bandwidth and precious time whenever you update your windows online. When you don’t have enough bandwidth and time to update your windows. In these cases, your time saver is windows offline update. Sometimes what happens you want to update your OS, for this, you required an internet connection. You have the internet connection but it’s running at the top speed of snail ;-). At this time you need to read this post. It will solve all your problems.
After considering this post you will be able to install Windows 10 update offline without any error.
Windows 10 offline update:
You are using Windows 10 and when Microsoft releases an update; it becomes a desire of the user to update Windows. To meet this desire, I am going to show you How to update Windows 10 without internet. Before some months Microsoft has released an update of official Windows 10 to fix some security and other updates for fixing some issues and bugs on the official previous version of Windows 10. Microsoft will be kept releasing updates of windows 10. So windows 10 offline update option makes the procedure of updating windows a piece of cake.
I found two easy ways for you to update your windows 10 offline very easily. Both the methods are explained below with every single step you need to know to update Windows 10 offline.
Method 1: Installing the update files directly
This method consists only several steps which are the easiest. All steps of this method with notations are as follows:
- First, download the windows update files (.msu/ .exe update files) for your specific version. (Links to download updates are given below)
- After downloading files for specific version you will find files for “x64-based Systems are for 64bit/x64 systems, others are for 32bit/x86 systems”.
- Double click that file and it will automatically check that updates are already installed on your system or not and if not then it will start installing the updates one by one.
- After all the installation complete do not forget to restart your system. (Note: If you are going to install multiple update files then your system will restart itself after each update file installed. So don’t panic if your system is restarting several times, your system is safe and working.)
Download links are as follows:
Windows 10 Official offline update – March 2017
- 2017-09 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x86-based Systems (KB4038806) ( Security updates, 08/09/2017, 10.1 MB, http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/secu/2017/09/windows10.0-kb4038806-x86_4c1932b57aa837e46700cb4ac4cdd465a5fdebf1.msu)
- 2017-09 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4038806) (Security updates, 08/09/2017, 20.8 MB, http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/secu/2017/09/windows10.0-kb4038806-x64_78d6da262957d01d2e9bd0b045649e9c5ac0751e.msu)
- 2017-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x86-based Systems (KB4038788) (Security updates, 08/09/2017, 549.4 MB, http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/secu/2017/09/windows10.0-kb4038788-x86_6a17e28a00d6d676f4563f9786441ab1429da024.msu)
- 2017-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4038788) (Security updates,05/08/2017,934.9 MB, http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2017/09/windows10.0-kb4038788-x64_f03ab03f65aa8849e6df4af25c56efc8b83c0ce0.msu)
All latest windows10 update is given above with update type, release date, size and download link.
Method 2: Installing the update files using third-party software
In this method, you will need software called portable update. The best part of this software is that you don’t need to install this application. You have to just download the files of this software and simply run the executable file. You can also run this application directly from the USB drive. This is freeware software.
The best part of this software is that it never leaves a trace in windows registry.
When you will launch this software, you will not get a better GUI. You will get a multi-tabbed GUI (Graphical User Interface). Tab will allow us to perform various actions like search, selecting downloads and checking the update history.
So the method is simply downloading the windows 10 update you need to install. Remember that the downloaded files will be saved in Cache folder. This will help you when you will install the update without an internet connection.
The Portable Update also gives us information about your computer, OS, and lot more. (I.e. Serial number)
So the method is only download the update and click on the install button. Here we go, now lie back and have a cup of coffee. Downloading update is the only task in which you need internet connection after the download is completed you don’t need internet connection to install the updates.
Now you will be able to update Windows 10 offline.
Portable update free download
Download it from here http://www.portableupdate.com/ for free. It works with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows vista and Windows Server 2012/2008.
It tested on every Microsoft OS. (Check it on its official website.)
Using these methods you can easily update windows 10 offline without internet.