The outlook for Android is widely used the tool by Android users around the world. It gives you easy access to your various email accounts instantly. It offers various safety and security features to keep your email account safe. It helps you organize your email account easily and efficiently. Knowing the benefits of using Outlook on Android it is worthful to set Outlook for Android. Let’s discuss steps to do that.
Set up email in the Outlook for Android app:
Follow these steps to do this-
- Download Microsoft Outlook (outlook for Android) from Play Store and open it.
- Go to Settings > Add Account > Add Email Account.
- Type your full email address and tap Continue.
Note: If you have been asked to select your email provider, you may require to set up IMAP or POP account (in case you are using an email address other than outlook.com). Where IMAP will store your emails on the system server and display a cached copy on your phone, POP3 will download your emails from the server and store them on your phone.
- Enter your email account password and tap Sign In or Next.
- Tap Yes or Allow to give permission to Outlook to sync calendar, contacts etc.
- You are now ready to use Outlook for Android.
Sumo.com – I use Sumo to boost my e-mail capture conversion rates. Particularly useful are Content Upgrades and their List Builder so I can target specific articles with specific calls-to-action and bonuses. It’s an incredible combo. Check them out here.
Set up IMAP account in Outlook for Android:
If you wish to set up an IMAP email account, or Outlook for Android on your device didn’t automatically detect your settings, follow these instructions. Remember when you set up email account manually using IMAP, it will only sync your email, not calendar or contacts.
In Outlook for Android. Head to Settings > Add Account > Add Email Account.
Enter your email address and tap Add Account.
Select IMAP from the icons displayed.
Enter your password and tap Sign in.
If prompted for additional server settings, enter them here.
Set up your POP account:
Latest outlook for iOS and Android devices doesn’t support POP accounts hence you can add your POP account in an Outlook.com account, and then set up that Outlook.com account with the Outlook app on your Android and other devices. To add your other email account to Outlook, follow these instructions.
- Sign in to Outlook.com
- On the navigation bar, select Options.
In the left pane, select Mail > Accounts > Connected accounts.
- If you are connecting one of your Gmail accounts, then select Gmail. To connect any other type of email account, select Other email accounts.
- Now go to “Connect your email account” page and enter your full email address and password you want to connect to outlook.com and select OK.
- Select Options to return to your Inbox. Here you will find your connected account included in your folder list. See Inbox and sweep rules to organize the incoming emails.
Bonus Tip: To delete cache generated by this app, you can use best Android cleaner apps. It can help you improve device performance.
You can follow these simple steps to set up email in the Outlook for Android app. By setting up email in the Outlook for Android app, you can avail immense benefits of that.
Summary: Setting up email in the Outlook for Android app can help you get access to one of the most potent email clients easily. Let’s discuss steps to do that instantly.