There are often three pieces of information about pages displayed in search results to searchers in response to a search:
Sharing some points which will help our content getting into feature snippets:-
1. Types of Feature snippets and recommenced word count –
- Paragraphs – Min word count – 48 , Max – 108 & Characters – Min 270 , Max -691
- List – It should be created with min 8 items then only it is useful for readers and Google.
- Table – It should have more than 5 rows and 7 columns to be picked up in Feature snippets
2. Types of Keywords that are max picked up in Feature Snippets:-
- Questions — E.g Why, Are, Will, Does, Do, Can, Is, Should & How. These keywords have maximum contribution to get the content in Feature Snippet i.e 41% and Paragraph content work the best here.
- Prepositions – E.g For, Like, To, With & Without — query eg. “iPhone without sim card”.
- Comparison – Eg. Compare, Pricing, Price, Comparing. Paragraph content works the best here. E.g “Princess cut vs round”
3. Points to be noted:-
- Create Paragraphs in 40-60 words.keep language easy to understand.
- Paragraphs should start with headers or subheaders.
- Images should have Alt text. Size of Images should be 600W x 425H
4. HOW TO EARN FEATURE SNIPPETS-
- Identify the right keywords – what users are searching more
- Identify on what keywords competitors are getting in feature snippets
- Edit in the content for which keywords are already in top 5 positions
- Filter keywords and queries according to search console and make changes in the present content.
- Get more active on Social media and pass the website URL links there.
These practices will help us gain the CTR and leads as well.