Who among us has not pressed the delete button accidentally?
We all have made this mistake at least once. But when it comes to accidentally deleting emails and that too some important one’s we regret a lot.
If you want to Recover Deleted Emails in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 & 2007, then you might be surprised to know that you can do that! And even to some extent for the Permanently Deleted Emails as well. Let’s see how restoring deleted emails in Outlook is possible.
Steps to Recover Deleted Emails Outlook 13 and Outlook 16
For emails deleted recently but not permanently.
- Go to your Exchange Account and select the Deleted Items button.
- Once you’ve clicked the Deleted Items Button all the deleted emails will display.
- If you want to retrieve deleted email from Outlook, then simply press Right Click on the email.
- If you want to recover Outlook deleted emails in multiple quantities, Press Ctrl and select those emails that you want to recover and then Press Right Click.
- As shown in the image below, select Move -> Other Folder.
- As it is an email that you want to recover select the Inbox and press OK.
It’s all done!
Steps to Recover Deleted Emails Outlook 10
- The steps to recover recently deleted emails in Outlook 10 is same as mentioned above.
- It should be noted that Outlook 10 automatically deletes emails in the Deleted Emails folder once you Exit Outlook.
- To change this auto-delete setting Click on the File tab and select Options-> Advanced.
- Then under the Outlook Start and Exit, click the Empty Deleted Items folders when exiting Outlook and press OK to save this setting.
Recover Permanently Deleted Emails in Outlook
- For Permanently Deleted Emails open the Deleted Items from the list under your email’s tab.
- Select the HOME button and then Press Recover Deleted Items from Server from the pane.
- Pressing that will open a Dialogue box will open those items you’ve deleted.
- Then select the item which you want to recover and check the Restore Selected Items and Press OK.
- To recover all the deleted items, press Select All on the lower left corner and then press OK.
- If the dialogue box does not show any emails then you might be offline or you might not be using the Exchange account in Outlook.
Steps for Retrieving Deleted Email from Outlook 2007
- Click on the Deleted Items folder.
- Click Tools and then select Recover Deleted Items. A dialogue box will show all your emails click on the email you want to recover.
- If you want to recover multiple emails, then Press Ctrl and select those emails that you wish to recover.
- If you wish to recover all the emails seen in the dialogue box then, Press the Select All button at the upper left corner or press Ctrl A to select all the emails.
- Now that you have selected all the emails that you want to recover then move the cursor to the upper left corner and select the Recover Selected Items in yellow colour.
4. Pay Attention. Please do not press the Purge button as this will permanently delete the items you’ve selected losing all the hope to undelete Outlook emails.