The benefits of affiliate marketing are location independence and the ability choose which products to promote. Also, your investment of time and energy directly correlates to the return you see. Depending on your availability and what you hope to gain from the enterprise, you can choose to be the type of marketer who sets up shop and passively waits for customers to come, or you can proactively spread the word about your favorite merchandise from prominent brand affiliates.
But where to get started? In this case, a little knowledge goes a long way. Learning the Internet landscape, smart affiliate marketing strategies and how to reach a wide audience will augment your success.
Pro’s of Affiliate Blogs
- Great way to build up trust and a good reputation which is the easiest way to promote affiliate products.
- Allows you to easily build an email list that you can use to further grow your business by sending traffic back to your site and promote to.
- Through actionable content, case studies, and reviews you can make affiliate commissions with relative ease.
- Blogs are easy to draw traffic to – you’ll pick up Google traffic, referrals from other bloggers, mentions on forums, social media shares and so on assuming your content is good.
Con’s of Affiliate Marketing Blogs
- Takes time to build your reputation for being a trusted marketer with high quality content.
- 80% of your content likely promotes nothing so you put in a lot of work into writing and creating new posts that don’t directly create income – though do help with your credibility, traffic and building your email list.
- Not a fast way to make money in most cases as you’ll have to build up your content and traffic levels before you see significant results. We have selected the top 10 affiliate marking blogs to guide your journey through the industry. Whether you are looking for tips, leads or tutorials, these blogs are useful resources.
In 2007, life was pretty good for Pat Flynn. He was a senior drafter in a Bay Area architecture firm, a job that he loved. When the economy slowed in 2008, Pat was laid off and forced to think of another way to make a living. He took his experience of studying for the LEED – Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design – and launched a blog (GreenExamAcademy.com) that shared his study notes. This lead Pat to publish his first e-book, which resulted in $8,000 of income during its first month. Since then Pat has launched the Smart Passive Income Blog and the popular Smart Passive Podcast.
Pat believes that affiliates, and businesses as a whole, should be both ethical and transparent. This means that Pat only recommends products that he’s passionate and familiar about. He also uses four concepts when working with affiliate networks: provide massive value, earn massive trust, learn and understand the needs and wants of your followers, and lead and teach by example.
This is a famous affiliate blog by Jerry Shoemaker, second top most influential of the TOP25 Affiliate Marketing Minds of 2014. This blog advises you a success formula “Do not chase the money – Chase the passion”.
Operated by Shawn Collins, cofounder of “Affiliate Summit”, famous writer of some best selling books in Amazon, wrote on affiliate marketing. He is 3rd top influential in the affiliate marketing universe.
An affiliate blog that tells about all affiliates success stories and arranges events of famous voices as a capital city of the affiliate universe. If you keep in touch with this site, you could stay with the world affiliate marketing updates.
Matthew Woodward began his career at the age of thirteen when he started reviewing games for a site NintendoPhiles. This lead to Matthew launching a web-based community where people could share demos of their games. After a stint as the head of online marketing for a large distributor in Europe, Matthew went into business for himself to develop and rank websites. His blog has since been recognized by the following: HubSpot Top 5 Internet Marketing Blog March 2015, Affiliate Summit Best Affiliate Blog 2013, Technorati Top 100 Business Blog July 2013, and The Best Of Search Engine Journal 2012.
Matthew’s blog provides quality advice, tutorials, and case studies based on his experience with online and affiliate marketing that can help you achieve your goals, as opposed to just sharing the offers that bring in the highest commissions.
Charles Ngo runs this blog, who helps people learn how to make money smartly without hard work in affiliate marketing. He claims his free materials could able to meet the 99% of the paid courses in the digital market. So, shouldn’t miss to finding his best advice in his affiliate-worthy blog.
This blog is run by Kevin Kotzian for AvantLink, a leading affiliate marketing, multi-channel analytics, referral tracking & a technology platform for web retailers and publishers. You might find some precious resources to enrich your affiliate blog.
Confused about the lingo of affiliated marketing, how to generate fresh blog posts ideas or using Google Alert to find new affiliate programs to work with? Sugarrae.com, run by Rae Hoffman, is the blog to find answers to these and other nuanced affiliated marketing questions. Hoffman provides tips and tutorials to aid you in building passive income streams online.
Adam Reimer’s blog is easy to navigate and full of fresh ideas about affiliate program management, blogging, adware, monetizing your website and mobile advertising. After more than a decade of working in online marketing, Reimer writes, he started the blog to respond to questions he receives regularly from affiliates, search engine marketing professionals and bloggers. He has published an ebook titled “How to Make Money Blogging” that is available via his blog.
This blog is run by John Chow, famous Blogger, Speaker and Entrepreneur, who is also a 3rd top influential of the TOP25 Affiliate Marketing Minds of 2014. He is author of “Make Money Online: Roadmap of a Dot Com Mogul” selling on Amazon.
Having been involved with affiliate marketing since 1997, Shawn Collins is one of the most influential minds in the industry. During his career, Shawn co-founded the Affiliate Summit, is the Co-Editor-in-Chief of FeedFront Magazine, host of the 7 Minutes in Affiliate Heaven show, and a best-selling author.
Shawn’s Affiliate Marketing Blog provides the latest industry news and advice on how to make money online. Like many other bloggers on this list, Shawn is honest in saying that you won’t get rich through affiliate marketing, but you can make a little extra cash on the side. He also only endorses the products and services that he uses himself, so you can rest assured that these are quality products/services.
Tips for success
Remember that success will not come overnight. You will have to work towards it by following some simple steps:
- Start using products that you know about or you have endorsed in.
- Choose a few products and concentrate on them.
- Research how much that product is in demand.
- Read about the new techniques of marketing always.
- Choose an authentic merchant and promote products likewise.
Did you know?
- About 60% of affiliates work from home?
- 47% affiliates promote less than 10 products a year?
- Around 3.3% affiliates make over $500,000 a year?
- 69% affiliates promote only consumer based products?
Are you an affiliate marketers? If so, which blogs do you turn to for advice?