TV ads cost in India or Cost of advertising on Television depends on time duration on particular channel audience segments and their peak times, when most users watch their channels.
- Timing of advertisement: If you want to advertise between 7AM – 9AM it varies between INR 1,000 – INR 24,000 for 30 seconds of advertisement. English channels like HBO charge you about INR 1000 and News Chanel charge the highest about INR 24,000 as the viewership is maximum in the morning.
- Weekends Vs Weekdays: The cost of advertising during Weekends goes as high as 45% when compared during a weekday. The cost depends based on the channel.
- Surprisingly movie channels charge you lower on a Sunday. The cost drops by almost 45% during weekends
- Viewership: The cost of advertising differs from channel to channel based on the number of viewers they attract.
- Average amount spent per customer for an advertisement of 30 seconds is about INR 0.007. (Yes the reach is great)
Cost of advertising by Channels, Viewers and Timing:
The above list describes the price list as per the Regulatory Authority. It may vary during prime time, for e.g. during IPL Matches, Big Boss etc.
Opt for targeted advertising on TV. This wasn’t an option prior to 2008, and national ads proved to be extremely expensive for micro businesses/startups/SMEs.
The channel broadcasters are increasing the ad rates even further by 25%, much to the disappointment of major advertisers.
The Indian advertising market has been growing at extremely fast pace since last 5 to 7 years, thanks to consistent economic growth of around 9% and huge rise in the number of Multinationals entering India in last few years.
Q. Do you know the number of TV channels that will be available to cable viewers in next 2 years?
A . A whooping 700 TV channels !
Hope it helps, Please share your feedback in comments 🙂