Quality Testing is an essential part of any production procedures. When it comes to software, it is more important as the use of the end product is more complicated and even a minor mistake can cause a lot of confusion and worries.
Software testing technology has evolved much in the recent years and now many testing automation tools have come up to help the professionals in conducting tests with precision and perfection. Out of many tools, Selenium training online leads in terms of number of users and popularity.
One has to undergo Selenium training to be a master in Selenium Technology and there are many professionals offering perfect selenium online training. One of the most important part of the study material is Selenium Interview Questions. Although there will be more questions under this category, Here are the most important ones.
- What is Selenium and What it is composed of?
Selenium is a test automation tool suite for testing web based applications. It composed of three components.
- Selenium Integrated Development Environment (IDE), which is a firefox plugin facilitates recording and playing back.
- Selenium Webdriver and Selenium RC, which provides APIs for various languages such as java, PHP, NET etc. Both webdriver and RC work with different browsers.
- Grid which facilitates distribution of tests on multiple machines. Thus, tests can be run parallel and the time required for testing can be reduced considerably.
- What is Selenium 2.0?
Selenium 2.0 is the latest version of Selenium where the webdriver and RC is combined in a single tool.
- What are the types of tests supported by Selenium?
Selenium supports functional tests and regression tests.
- What are the Advantages of Selenium?
- It supports different programming languages such as java, PHP, python, C++ etc
- It can be run on multiple platforms such as Windows, Linux, Mac OS etc
- It is compatible with different browsers such as Firefox, Google, Internet Explorer etc.
- It posses powerful methods to locate elements
- It enjoys a vast community support in case of any technical assistance
- Why to opt for Selenium and not QTP?
- Selenium is free and open source but QTP is a commercial product
- Selenium is compatible with different browsers but QTP will work only on Internet Explorer
- Selenium can be run on multiple OS when QTP should be run only on Windows
- Selenium supports multiple programming languages but QTP supports only VBScript.
- What is the use of Xpath?
It is used to find a web element in web pages. It has been used for identifying dynamic elements too.
- What is the difference between single and double slashes (/ & //) in Xpath?
Single Slash starts selection from the document node and allows to create absolute path expressions. Whereas double slash starts selection from anywhere in the page and allows to create relative path expressions.
- What is the difference between “Verify” and “Assert” commands?
Both the commands allows to check whether there is an element in the webpage or not. When you use “Assert”, the test will be terminated if that particular element is not in the page. But when you use “Verify”, the test will continue even if the element is not there in the page.
- What are the parameters to pass in Selenium?
Host, Port Number, Browser, URL are the four parameters to be passed in Selenium.
- How Selenium Grid Works?
Selenium Grid directs tests to the hub. These tests will be redirected to Webdriver which launches browsers and run the test. It allows multiple tests to run in parallel.
Hope you find it useful. Now you may wait for many more details about Selenium tutorials in the coming articles.