Microsoft Office is a software package that includes several other programs like Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Lync etc. Various kinds of works can be performed with the help of these utilities including writing, spreadsheets, database maintenance, presentations etc.
Versions Of Microsoft Office
It is one of the most popular software suite used for general office works. There are several versions of Microsoft Office starting from Office 1.0. The latest release is Microsoft Office 2010 also called Office 14.
Different Editions of Office 2010
Office 2010 is available in three different editions such as Office Home and Student 2010, Office Home and Business 2010, and Office Professional 2010.
These different editions help to stay productive and be connected at home, office or anywhere you want. Things can be done even when you are away from office or home. The documents can be created and then is posted online to access or edit it with Office Web Apps virtually from anywhere through internet.
Features of Office 2010
Some new features in Office 2010 include built-in screen capture tool, new SmartArt templates, a background removal tool and author permissions. The “Office Button” of Office 2007 is replaced by a full-window file menu, which is known as Backstage View that gives an easy access to commonly used features like printing and sharing. In Windows 7, Office applications have functional jumplists that allows easy access to recent items. Some other features are listed below:
- Letter Styling
- New editing effects on image and text
- Background Removal Tool
- Clipping and Screen Capturing tools
- SmartArt template
- Live collaboration functions
The Outlook Social Connector is a new addition to Microsoft Office 2010, which helps users to connect to social networking sites like Facebook, MySpace, and Linkdln etc. inside Microsoft Outlook. They can connect and receive updates with the help of it.
So Where Is The Problem?
Besides being popular and one of the most convenient tools to work with, there are some issues that might occur during the installation Office into Windows platform. Third Party Microsoft Office Help draws your attention on some frequently occurring issues:
Microsoft Office 2010 installation requires a specific version of the operating system to run. If you try to install it in Windows XP platform, you require service pack 3 (32-bit).
v Other Operating system versions that support Office 2010 are:
- Windows Vista SP1(32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2003 (32-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)
- The “Setup.exe” file requires compatibility with the Operating System.
- If all the system files are not upgraded properly or is not up-to-date, the setup fails in that scenario.
Third Party Microsoft Office Support for Microsoft Office Install
Installing Office 2010 is very simple and very similar to the installation procedure of its predecessor. The steps to follow during its installation are mentioned below:
- Double click the setup of the application to run it.
- It will ask for the product key. Enter the product key and click on the continue button.
- The License Terms page will appear. Agree to the terms and click the continue button.
- Choose the type of installation. After this, your installation will start.
Expert Help For Microsoft Office Uninstall
There are several ways that can be used to uninstall Microsoft Office 2010. Few methods listed below:
v Removal of Office 2010 through Control Panel:
- Go to Start menu.
- Click on All Programs and then open Accessories folder (Not for XP).
- Go to Run, and click the Open button.
- Type appwiz. Cpl, and click on the OK button.
- The list of currently installed programs appears. Look for Microsoft Office entry and click Uninstall (In case of Windows XP, click the Remove button).
- If you are facing any problem in following above steps to then get help from the experts at any third party Microsoft Office Support.